I stole this from Kapgar. He told me to.
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?
It all depends what needs to be wrapped. We’re flexible.
2. Real tree or Artificial?
Since a few years, artificial. Can’t say I miss the natural trees that much.
3. When do you put up the tree?
Anytime we can find time to do it between December 1st and Dec 24.
4. When do you take the tree down?
My answer: December 26 in the early hours of the day.
LovelyWife’s answer: Anytime after July 1st.
5. Do you like eggnog?
It’s called “Hen Milk” in French. Would you drink that? K-Girl says that it’s very festive with Fireball.
6. Favorite gift received as a child?
My first “grown-up” Lego’s. The moon base.
7. Hardest person to buy for?
Hands down, LovelyWife. She always wants the stuff that’s on the top shelves.
8. Easiest person to buy for?
Me! I can always convince myself to get something else if I don’t find what’s on my list.
9. Do you have a nativity scene?
Yes, it’s a small little thing that LovelyWife brought from her mom’s house.
10. Mail or email Christmas cards?
I normally don’t do Christmas cards. This year, I mail them, but only to bloggers that asked for one before yesterday!
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received?
In my family, we trade back and forth this blue pair of underwear with red stitching. But it’s done as a joke, so that all right. Aaaaaaand just like that I’m skirting around this question. 😉
12. Favorite Christmas Movie?
The Usual Suspects
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas?
I wish my answer would be mid-October, but it’s more like mid-November.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?
Never. Anything I would consider not good enough for me, I would consider not good enough for anyone else.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?
Sucre à la crème.
16. Lights on the tree?
Yes. Who doesn’t?
17. Favorite Christmas song?
Elf’s Lament, by the Barenaked Ladies
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home?
I wish we could stay home or travel to the Dominican Republic.
19. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer?
I could but they already have names, right?
20. Angel on the tree top or a star?
Angel, because LovelyWife hates the star I like. It’s the star that was on our family tree when I was a kid. That’s funny because I let her display her nativity scene… Hint, hint.
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning?
Christmas Eve, but if it’s just us and the kids at home, Christmas morning is much better.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year?
Snowstorm on the days we have to travel.
23. Favorite ornament theme or color?
Blue and Gold. I think Martha has a fancy name for it
24. Favorite for Christmas dinner?
Something semi-fancy like wine and cheese, cocktails, and many desserts.
25. What do you want for Christmas?
Hugs and kisses from LovelyWife and Kids.