While I was away partying like it was 1973 working my ass off in Africa I was selected for a great buddy award by none other than Sheila, my BloggeyWifey married to another Mike – aren’t all bloggers married to a Mike of some kind?. I secretly hoped that one of my awesome guest bloggers would consider passing this award in my name to people they thought I thought are gre-heart-t buddies.
It goes to show that secretly wishing does not make things happen. Bad bad bad strategy.
If that wasn’t enough, I have an issue with the original graphic. I mean people skipping on the beach? Really? You can’t even tell if they’re coming or going. I think half of them are coming and the other half are going. Yes, I’m aware there are five people on the graphic. And what’s the deal with the rope?
I made a much better graphic. Fell free to use either one, if I ever get to writing a list of bloggers somewhere in this post. Don’t despair. Oh, and that original graphic was so awful I’m not even reprinting it here.
So – here is how this thing works :
1. Put the logo on your blog.
2. Add a link to the person who awarded you.
3. Award up to ten other blogs.
4. Add links to those blogs on yours.
5. Leave a message for your awardees on their blogs.
Woah. That seems like an awful lot of work. I wonder if I’m really deserving of this award.
All right, all right, here’s my list, and why I think all those bloggers are great buddies.
- Avitable, for being my doppelganger.
- Blogography , for being a very cool dude.
- Clearly Crystal, for being my sexy human shield.
- Girl Scout Dropout, for laughing at my jokes.
- NYCWD – A Pile of Dog Bones , because my brother from another mother has to be on the list.
- Pointless Drivel, for his crazy wild sense of humor.
- Poppy Cedes, long lost sister extraordinaire.
- Secondhand Tryptophan, for offering to put me up at his place when I visit.
- Susie from Mars, just because. 😉
- What’s a Delmer Look Like?, for cracking me up all the time.
Plus, I think all those people would willingly help me move a body. Well, except for Delmer, he might agree only because he thought I was complimenting him on his sweet minivan.
And of course, it wouldn’t be cool if I didn’t give that award right back – now that I made it much better – to my Blogeywifey:
After all, this is our standard modus operandi: I fix stuff for Sheila. She gave me this award, I fixed it and now I’m giving it back to her in better condition. That’s why I’m a great buddy to her.