It all started with a simple Tweet from @Sash.
- @Sash is downloading 80’s music for a mix CD I can listen to tomorrow on the way to a mini-reunion of my HS friends. Call it a Reunion Lite!!
- @Sash Ok, People, need your help. Favorite song from the 80’s? Making a CD for tomorrow night. Whatcha Got?
- @mr_shiny @Shash What kind of 80s song theme are you going for? Rock ballad? Bubblegum? So bad it’s good?
- @LeSombre @Shash The Romantics – Talking in your sleep.
- @mr_shiny @Shash Matthew Wilder – Break My Stride. Yes – Owner of a Lonely Heart. Sly Foxx – Let’s Go All The Way. Baltimora – Tarzan Boy
- @mr_shiny @Shash Hall & Oates – Adult Education. Men Without Hats – Safety Dance. Eddy Grant – Electric Avenue. Pat Benetar – Hit Me WithYourBestShot
- @LeSombre @mr_shiny Holy Crap dude, all excellent choices!
- @mr_shiny @Shash Oo! Ready for the World – Oh Sheila!
- @mr_shiny @Shash Denice Williams – Let’s Hear It For The Boy. (Tell me to stop whenever)
- @mr_shiny @Shash Men at Work – Who Can It Be Now, Mr. Mister -Broken Wings. Mike and the Mechanics – All I Need is a Miracle. Jack Wagner – All I Need
- @LeSombre @mr_shiny That’s it, I want you to make me a mix tape. In a totally heterosexual way. Not that there’s anything wrong with that.
- @mr_shiny @LeSombre You mean like this? http://www.shinystakeout.com/2008/05/09/mix-tape/
- @LeSombre @mr_shiny Mix Tape: Exactly like that! 😉
- @mr_shiny @Shash Sussudio! Cassanova! Kokomo! Torture! Reflex!
- @LeSombre @Shash Head over heels – Tears for Fears
- @mr_shiny @Shash Head over heels – The Go-Gos
- @mr_shiny @Shash You’re the Inspiration. Glory of Love. New Moon on Monday. I Don’t Like Mondays. Like a Virgin. Like a Prayer. Save a Prayer.
- @mr_shiny @LeSombre Do you want a 60 minute tape or a 90 minute tape? If you have something to play it on, I’m game…
- @LeSombre @mr_shiny For the sake of technology, just put together a play list – either 60 or 90 minutes. I think I’ll make a meme out of this. 😉
- @mr_shiny @LeSombre On it.
- @LeSombre @mr_shiny I’ll call the meme the “Shiny LeSombre Meme”. it has a nice ring. 😉 I’ll post that on Sunday.
And here we are. 😉
I now have in my possession 80 megs of goodness, compliments of the Shiny One. 48:28 of awesomeness. He even made an cassette insert! Look!
Click to embiggify
This is the fun part.
It wouldn’t be a meme if it was just a one time thing right? 😉 So, now it’s your turn. You get to ask me for an awesome 90 minutes mix tape, and I’ll make it happen.
On the off chance I get multiple requests, I’ll randomly select one. 😉 The person selected will then offer to do a mix tape for someone else, and so on, and so forth. 😉
Isn’t that awesome?
One more thing:
I’m currently looking for a way to make sharing those mix tapes legit. I obviously don’t want to be in any kind of trouble. My best bet is mailing them – on a CD, probably. If you have any ideas on how to proceed with this, feel free to let me know! 😉