- Salad: LovelyWife is away this week on a business trip. As part of the recruitment aspect of her job, she gets to visit exotic locales like Montréal, Sainte-Foy and Sherbrooke. How exciting! This of course means that I get to spend the week with CutieDaughter and AudaciousSon, making salad for every single meal we have. That’s right, we’re eating salad when LovelyWife is not around. None of that poutine, pizza and fries. None. At. All.
- My Ha-Ha moment: Who ever said “You are what you eat” was a dumbass. In fact, I’m having a pear right now and… Oh. Nevermind.
- Vane: There’s nothing like going to a new dentist to make you feel like crap. Apparently, my old dentist was just a guy with really small drills. I was told I need braces, a gum graft, that I could have the spaces between my front teeth covered by some veneers or filled with some kind of bonding agent, that three of my old fillings needed to be replaced, and that I could use some teeth whitening. Look dear new dentist, I’m almost 40 and I have two kids. Do you really think I’m willing to spend thousands of dollars on things that will have very minor impact on my health just to look better? Hell yeah.
- R-E-S-P-E-C-T: I changed the locks on the house. When we moved in about 8 years ago, we had a lot of stuff to buy for the house, and I ended up skimping on the door handles and locks. The result was handles and locks flaking away, looking like crap and really hard to operate. So yesterday when the lock almost ate my key, I decided it was time to get new hardware. And yes, when I tell that story I will say that I changed the locks while LovelyWife was away on a business trip. Now that’s what I call “making (up) memories”.
- Mac Daddy: After almost 30 years as a PC, I’m going to the dark side. It started with an iPhone last October, then a iPad in June and now I am getting this soon. That is, as soon as I can make my way in a store without fighting off hundreds of people playing poker right there in the Apple store. What is wrong with those people? Who goes to a computer store to play poker? Anyways, I’m still hesitant about going for the 2.8GHz Intel Core i5 for 300$ more than the 3.2GHz Intel Core i3. Any advice greatly appreciated.
In pure Call of Cthulhu tradition, I’ll keep the last bullet for myself for when the madness finally returns from her business trip and notices she can’t get in the house.