This is for Iron-Fist, who asked that I showed him some of my phone doodling…
I know I said I was back, I even called you bitches and all that stuff. Now I’m giving you bullets.
- Draw. I’ve been thinking about trying to get back into drawing again. Heck, when I was a kid I used to draw all the time, and I have stopped doing it for many years at this point. I thought I was going to get back into it a few years ago when I got a tablet and stylus for my birthday, but it took me months to get the thing out of the box, and I haven’t touched it since. Turns out drawing on the computer is much harder than on a piece of paper. Maybe I should start slow and rekindle my love of doodling while talking on the phone. Who wants to call me to kick start me on this journey back to drawing?
Of course, I could always find some helpful tutorials online.
- Aim. My dad recently gave me his compound bow. It’s in pretty rough shape, but I think I’ll get it fixed and start shooting again. I used to be really good at this, way back when. I wonder if I can get back into it… All I need are some apples and my son, right? Nothing like proper motivation to get the job done.
- Fire. Speaking of things that you shoot, I recently completed firearm training. Now I just need to find a few people willing to say that I’m sane enough to have some firearms in my house. It may be years before that happens, so no worries. On a more serious note, I did this because my FFIL (Favorite Father-In-Law) asked me to do it. I need to have the proper permits to be allowed to get his firearms collection when he dies. Yes, talking about death weirds me out.
- Pause. I haven’t
played any sportmoved since the early 2011. I think the pause has been long enough as it is, and I’m starting to move more TODAY. True to myself, I’ll start by running an hour over lunch, and then bike another hour when I get home. This is what’s referred to as “starting slowly”. Don’t worry, I’ll let you know if I die over lunch. Maybe.
- Ask questions. I’m often confused by people. I have a hard time understanding how some people can think that I’m the dumbest person to ever (slowly) walk the Earth and at the same time ask me constantly for information – roughly 47 times per day. There’s some sort of problem with this, or I may very well be the dumbest person alive. Any idea?
In pure Call of Cthulhu tradition, I’ll keep the last bullet for myself for when the madness finally comes.
It is always during a passing state of mind that we make lasting resolutions.
I’ve been tagged on Facebook by the funny Bob Mooney. I don’t do Facebook notes, so I’m posting this here instead. Let’s see if I can be funny. 😉
This is the Facebook “intro”. I’m leaving it in case you ever want to do that thing somewhere else.
You’ve been tagged (as have I), you have the honor of copying all these goofy questions, writing your own response, and tagging 25 other victims (I don’t think so!). You have to tag me so really you just need 24 more people. If I tagged you, it’s because I want to know more about you, my friend. To do this, go to “notes” under tabs on your profile page, paste these instructions in the body of the note, type your title as “Getting to know each other!”, tag 25 people including me (tagging is done in the right hand corner of the app) then click publish (I’m not posting this on Facebook so I think I’ll not do that part.)
1. What time did you get up this morning?
Right after the Canadian national anthem. It seems the French CBC has started to play the national anthem in the mornings. This weirds me out, as I tend to be “at attention” when I wake up, IYKWIM.
2. How do you like your steak?
Rare, almost blue and comp’d.
3. What was the last film you saw at the cinema?
It started like this:
Crazy, Stupid, Love. It was okay.
4. What is your favorite TV show?
Arrested Development, even if it’s been off the air forever.
5. If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be?
I used to instantly write down “Scotland” at this question whenever I did this kind of meme, but that was before I went there for a couple of weeks. So not that I’ve actually been to Scotland, my answer is Scotland.
6. What did you have for breakfast?
A bagel with cream cheese. I’ll have an espresso soon.
7. What is your favorite cuisine?
The Pizza I make.
8. What foods do you dislike?
Liver. I saw an autopsy and there is absolutely no way to tell a human liver from a beef liver. So I stopped eating liver. Liver is people. Picture above, a human liver. Kidding it’s a beef liver. Or is it? See, you can’t tell the difference.
9. Favorite Place to Eat?
It varies, depending on what style of stuff I want, weather and what I’m wearing. Right now for casual lunch it’s a little place called Freshii that just open near my workplace. For the more fancy stuff I love Play Food & Wine in the Market, but I went to many restaurants this week and they were all my favorites.
10. Favorite dressing?
I prefer undressing.
11.What kind of vehicle do you drive?
I drive a big orange Nissan SUV.
12. What are your favourite clothes?
Black t-shirt and jeans.
13. Where would you visit if you had the chance?
Now that I’ve done Scotland, I think my next target is either Alaska, Bora-Bora or Japan. We’re planning Italy for next summer as a family, so it’ll have to be after that.
14. Cup 1/2 empty or 1/2 full?
15. Where would you want to retire?
I’m not sure. I’m guessing someplace warm… Hell?
16. Favorite time of day?
The moment when I have nothing to do. Like that ever happens.
17. Where were you born?
In Canada. Duh.
18. What is your favorite sport to watch?
Hockey – I was born in Canada. Football as a close second, since I played in High School.
19. Who do you think will not tag you back?
Since I’m not tagging anyone, moot point.
20. Person you expect to tag you back first?
Conan O’Brian. Hahaha! Wouldn’t that be something?
21. Who are you most curious about their responses to this?
22. Bird watcher?
23. Are you a morning person or a night person?
It really varies. Sometimes I enjoy getting up at 5, sometimes I enjoy going to bed at 5. As long as it’s not on the same day. Although I used to love going 3-4 days without sleeping.
25. Any new and exciting news that you’d like to share?
This just in: Crazy dude publishes blog post. Details at eleven.
26. What did you want to be when you were little?
An architect. I really love drawing buildings, for some weird reason.
27. What is your best childhood memory?
The one race I won.
28. Are you a cat or dog person?
I’m a person person.
29. Are you married?
I am told I am.
30. Always wear your seat belt?
No, I don’t wear it when I’m not in the car.
31. Been in a car accident?
A few of them.
32. Any pet peeves?
I don’t have pet peeves, I have things that really annoy the sh*t out of me.
33. Favorite pizza topping?
Anything is good on pizza.
34. Favorite Flower?
Orchid / Thistle
35. Favorite ice cream?
Free ice cream.
36. Favorite fast food restaurant?
37. How many times did you fail your driver’s test?
Driver test? Seriously, none.
38. From whom did you get your last email?
Amy Kolsky. You don’t know her. She lives in the States.
39. Which store would you choose to max out your credit card?
Unless it was for an emergency of some sort, I wouldn’t max out my credit card. I’m very conscious of money and money-related stuff.
40. Do anything spontaneous lately?
41. Like your job?
Yes, yes I do. Except for the 40 hours a week I have to be there.
43. What was your favorite vacation?
Dominican Republic, 2007.
44. Last person you went out to dinner with?
@Stillbaking, @MikeGlasspo and LovelyWife.
45. What are you listening to right now?
One of my employee asking for something.
46. What is your favorite colour?
47. How many tattoos do you have?
Zero, for now.
48. Coffee drinker?
No. Espresso drinker.
49. How many children do you have?
Two, one of each model.
50. Are you in love?
Of course I am.
Your turn. <– If you want to.
What a glorious
couple of weeks twenty days this has been.
Here’s a short recap of what I did while I was offline*:
1) Did a lot of traveling. I went to Vegas and didn’t kill a hooker. Also, that tattoo is mostly hidden by my growing beard now, so it’s all good. No worries. Took the train to Montréal and back, and drove to Sherbrooke and back. Avoided that collapsing tunnel by about an hour and 20 kilometers.
2) Did all kinds of “Lion” things. Went to see The Lion King musical, and it was awesome. Upgraded the iMac to Lion, and it was awesome. Spend a lot of days just lying there. Also did a little lying about that tattoo in number one.
3) Got cultivated. Visited a few museums, saw “Les Fourberies de Scapin” in Montréal, mowed the lawn and watered the garden a few times. I also saw a lot of movies.
4) Got bigger, got smaller, got motivated, got demotivated. It all evens out in the end anyways. I would be so much more motivated to do that damn “Couch to 5K” thing if 5K was the name of a burger joint.
5) Got older. I had a birthday during my time off, and was very Verklempt with all the e-love I received on that day. Also, my LovelyWife did surprise me with a surprise event with a few of my close friends. Turning 40 is not that bad after all. Now watch me buy that yellow sports car… 😉
6) Felt like it was 2001. I ran some CAT5 cables in my house. I resurfaced the driveway. I basically took some stuff off the 10 year-old list.
7) Enjoyed a moderate quantity of alcoholic beverages. Moderate quantity, because see point 5. I did open one bottle that was part of the Loot, and I was happy about it.
8) Shopped until I dropped. New TV. Apple TV. Cables. Clothes. Shower curtain. PS3. Fluffy towels. Bed linens. Etc.
What about you? What did you do while I was gone?