Hello good People of the Web.
Remember me? Long long time ago I used to blog about all kinds of stuff… I’m sure you missed me and your lives were miserable while I took an Internet break. Ha!
About six weeks ago, I took a five-week vacation from work and decided to minimize my online presence during that time. I wouldn’t say that I failed miserably, but I was very close. You probably saw me make dumb hit-and-run comments on Facebook and Twitter, and then disappear for a few hours/days, only to repeat the process.
Well, I’m back.
With September looming, I can safely say that I’ll probably go crazy soon, so who knows how long I’ll be here – physically and mentally?
So, what I’ve I done while I was away? I’ve done a lot of things:
- Had my roof re-done.
- Had 104 degrees fever for about a week and a half.
- Ripped one of my calves (the left one).
- Threw my back out.
- While my chiropractor was on vacation
- For two weeks
- Visited the emergency “atlernative” chiropractor.
- And I mean alternative it the weirdest possible way.
- Took more pills in 3 weeks that I took in my entire life.
- Tylenol migraine.
- Tylenol Muscle Pain.
- Tylenol Extra-Strength.
- Because of all the pills, had a terrible (to me) reaction where I would sweat as soon as I went to bed until I’d wake up about an hour later in a deep pool of my own sweat.
- And then spent the rest of the night wide-awake.
- Or sleeping at a weird angle on the couch.
- Didn’t play golf.
- Fixed my bike tires.
- But didn’t bike. At all.
- Received 1,232 work emails, and replied semi-intelligent responses to 265 of them.
- Went for beers.
- Caught someone trying to steal my BBQ.
- Went to see a few shows while under the influence of meds. Each time I thought I was going to die during the show.
- Wicked at the NAC on July 16th.
- Louis-José Houde on July 20th.
- Saw a few movies.
- Batman Rises.
- Other movies not as good as Batman Rises.
- Watched a lot of Olympic coverage.
- Drove a Porsche.
I’m thinking I may regal you with tales of my time off for the next few weeks. After all, that won’t be worst than watching the Olympics on NBC, right?
See ya around.