My mom would be so proud. I am finally a Judge.
Granted, it’s not for a court of Law, but it’s still called being a Judge so I’m totally counting it. Ever since I watched Night Court as a little kid, I had this dream. Updating my résumé now… 😉
Anyhoo, my good friend NYCWD (you all know Dawg, right? He’s famous for this thing he does… What’s it called again? You know his thingy video thing… He dates another famous person… You know? ) asked me to be one of the esteemed judges for his Social Media Responder 2009 (#SMR2009) contest. You can see my killer profile and even more awesome profile picture on PIO Social Media Training. Sweet, right?
If you’re too lazy to visit…
As an added bonus, I will be under Hilly for the duration of this contest.
As a Judge, my duties include – but are not limited to – receiving bribes, drinking Scotch, arguing with other Judges (I AM THE LAW!), Wearing a goofy hat and walking around naked under a robe. I think I’m overqualified really. But what’s higher than a Judge, really?
Anyways, when I submitted the picture above, I took like a million of them – I’m not really photogenic so it’s hard for me to find a picture I like without photoshopping the fat Hell out of it – And I thought I could amuse you with some of the rejected profile pictures. Enjoy!
My mom would be so proud.
It’s the little things that make my day. I can’t believe the joy I feel whenever I get an award. I giggle like a schoolgirl, I can’t stop smiling. I’m not saying that this is a little thing, but I’m sure we can agree it’s not like I received a Nobel Prize or I’ve been Knighted by the Queen of England. I’m working on those.
Dawg has given me the Zombie Chicken Award.
The rules of the Zombie Chicken say…
The blogger who receives this award believes in the Tao of the Zombie Chicken – excellence, grace and persistence in all situations, even in the midst of a zombie apocalypse. These amazing bloggers regularly produce content so remarkable that their readers would brave a raving pack of zombie chickens just to be able to read their inspiring words. As a recipient of this world-renowned award, you now have the task of passing it on to at least 5 other worthy bloggers. Do not risk the wrath of the zombie chickens by choosing unwisely or not choosing at all…
So even if I love chicken, and I think that once they’re zombified they contain next to no fat, I wouldn’t want to bring the plague of zombie chickens on me. Here are my choices:
- Faiqa, from Native Born. Faiqa is not only a beautiful gorgeous woman, but like that wasn’t enough, she’s extremely smart and funny to boot. Excellence easily describes everything she writes, and I suspect it also describes everything she touches. Plus, her brother is a Doctor.
- Crys, from Clearly Cristal. Crys is also a gorgeous woman – I seem to have a thing for women that are clearly out of my league – plus she is completely crazy in the most awesome possible way. Who else would be my human shield in times of need? 😉
- Delmer, from What’s a Delmer looks like. Delmer is so nice he’s nearly damn Canadian. Regardless of whet he posts, he always makes me smile – From a photo of him yawning to his windows install adventures there’s never a dull moment. Also, he’s one of the few guys who can drink me under the table.
- Avitable, from Avitable. Do I really need to explain this one? Adam is one of the sickest motherfucker – literally, he said he would fuck my mom – and a bad blogging day for Avitable is like a great blogging day for me.
- Poppy from PoppyCede. Well, after two dudes, I had to go back to a gorgeous woman. Hi Poppy! Regardless of her many moods – Posh Poppy, Scary Poppy, Sporty Poppy, Ginger Poppy, Baby Poppy – She’s always Excellent Poppy. She’s probably laughing at the Spice Girl reference. What’s not to love really?
- Dave2 from Blogography. The Mac Daddy of all bloggers. I know he’s going to say he’s not, but really – he is. He’s also a hell of a nice guy, and every morning I can’t wait to read whatever is crazy brain comes up with, either in writing or drawing form. Did I mention he’s also freakishly tall?
- Sheila, from Charm School Reject. I hesitated before putting my BlogeyWife in this very select Club of the Zombie Chicken Award. Just looking at her blog, you might miss the awesomeness of Sheila as she tends to keep things fairly discreet. Ever so often you’ll get a glimpse of the real Sheila, the one hiding behind this Charm School Reject character. I get to see this everyday through the magic of GTalk so she totally deserves a Zombie Chicken.
Of course, since the rules say at least five other bloggers, I’ll use one last extra choice to return the award to Dawg. You might have noticed that my ubernym for him says his bark is equally as sharp as his bite, and I totally mean that. Dawg is passionate in everything he does, I can see this all his posts – those about his work, his love, or even some Amazon glitch. I would definitely brave a bucket full of zombie chickens to read his daily post.
Oh and in pure LeSombre fashion, I took this award and I made it better by making the background transparent. You’re welcome. 😉
Next, I’ll create my own award – or something.
So I bet all you Canadian adorers and lovers are wondering where LeSombre is. The truth is that he is probably home by now readjusting to the frakin’ sub arctic temperature that you people seem to adore so much and performing his own version of Love Shack under the bear skin rug with someone special. So who else to cover for him during those man/dog activities but me. NYCWD from A Pile Of Dog Bones.
Today is not just any day in the United States my dear fellow northernly neighbors. Today is in fact Groundhog’s Day. Today, in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, in a small town named Punxsutawney there will be a ceremony.
Dragged out Emerging from the tree hovel will be the seer of seers, the prognosticator of prognosticators, Punxsutawney Phil.
Basically if Phil sees his shadow, he’s going back to bed and we will be having six more weeks of winter. If in fact Phil doesn’t see his shadow, he’s going to go frolic in the meadow and spring will be on its way early. Unfortunately, you Canadians don’t really participate in this extraordinary event. You are far wiser than us overweight McDonald‘s snacking, big car with insane amounts of pollution driving, plasma television watching, non-health care receiving Americans.
Why you ask?
Because on your behalf I am declaring today National Beaver Day! Now I know those crazy architects in Nova Scotia declare the last Friday in February as National Beaver Day already… but in case you haven’t noticed there really isn’t much you can do with an igloo architecturally. So their authority is nothing compared to the Canadian Blogosphere.
So today in Ottawa (which conveniently is LeSombre‘s hometown), Canada, we will watch as Ottawa Oliver, the contractor of contractors, the builder of builders, will emerge from his duplex dam. If in fact he sees his shadow from the sun shining up above him then that means that spring is only 16 weeks away (June 1). If in fact Ottawa Oliver does NOT see his shadow from the cloudy sky blocking the sun above him then that means that the spring thaw is only 28 weeks away (September 1).
Either way… Ottawa Oliver is going to be getting a shave…
Thus concludes my official entry into the life of a Canadian blogger. That’s right bitches. I’m now Canadian through blog post. Now where’s my free prostate exam?